Saturday, August 23, 2008

Q4U Ribs are fall off the bone good

We just went to Q4U BBQ today located at 3951 W 5400 S Kearns in Utah. When you first walk in you can smell the smoke of the bar-b-Que which makes you salivate and you will notice they have trophies all over the back wall along with a long wall of pictures and awards they have won.

Janet was our waitress and she was very relaxed and polite. She made the atmosphere extremely friendly and fun. This was our first experience at Q4U so we didn't really know what to expect but if you are in Kearns (next to Taylorsville) this is a must try. We ordered the Darn Snacky Pork Spare Rib Sandwich, and Famous Half Slab (6 ribs) with a side of onion hushpuppies.

Our side dishes were yams, potato salad and Q's cole slaw. For me the Q's cole slaw was the best. The yams reminded me of the kind I would eat at Thanksgiving Dinner without the marshmallows. They were marinated in brown sugar and perfectly sweetened.

The ribs were hands down both of our favorites. They literally fell off the bone (the bone was completely meat free). The ribs were seasoned perfectly and the hot & regular sauces accompanied the ribs with great flavor.

The pork was juicy, soft and delicious but I kept coming back to the ribs which are my favorite kind of meat anyway. The next time we go back I am getting the 12 ribs so I can have left overs.







picture of 6 ribs although you can't see the meat very well and I was anxious to eat so I didn't take the time to move the plate around. The bones were bare with no meat on them (they are purely for decoration) so we picked up most of the meat with our hands when the fork wasn't cutting it.













My pulled pork sandwich. I ate the meat right out of the bun and each bite was just intense of smoke flavor. The meat was perfectly cooked and juicy (I hate dry pulled pork). The pulled pork great but I still found myself eating the Ribs because they were so much better.
Q4U.com for more information on directions (they have a location in St. George and Kearns) and complete menu items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Purchase Sports & Outdoor Products through Amazon